We will be hosting our Annual General Meeting on Wednesday November 18th and will be selecting new Board Members for the following year.
Being a member of the Board of Directors (BoD) is an excellent way to be more involved in the shaping of the Greenhouse activities and gain valuable experience working and collaborating within a non-profit organization!
Time commitments can vary, and are mostly dependent on events and your own personal capacity.
The initial orientation phase requires all new board members to attend a 8 hour Integration session (to be held in January at the beginning of your term).
In general otherwise, you can expect to contribute between 5 and 10 hours per month on basic Board member duties.
There always more opportunities to contribute in the form of outreach, volunteering, special projects and committees to further benefit the Greenhouse, as well!
What is the process of becoming a Concordia Greenhouse Board member?
1. Individuals contact the Concordia Greenhouse before November 18th, 2015 and submit their application along with any questions you may have. [See below]
2. It will be posted on the Concordia Greenhouse website and attached to the newsletter. Please make sure your statement contains only information that you are comfortable to share publicly.
3. The current Concordia Greenhouse board members will review the applications, and will contact you to confirm your candidacy and invite you to speak at the Annual General Meeting (AGM), and at that time answer questions you may have about your potential involvement.
4. Successful candidates must attend the Concordia Greenhouse’s AGM on Wednesday November 18, 2015 from 6-8pm, where they will be asked to briefly present themselves in 1 minute or less.
5. The Concordia Greenhouse’s membership elects new board members at the AGM.