Since the the Greenhouse project began, it has been running on the sweat and dreams of passionate people, and on their drive to find the resources to make these wonderful things happen. However, the greenhouse needs help in order to finally obtain a secured, annual budget, since we have reached a stand-still with one time start-up grants and bursaries. Which means, without this fee levy, we can no longer continue to keep the greenhouse operating the way we have all come to know and love. To be perfectly clear, there is a possibility that the greenhouse will close without it.
So, how can you help avoid this horrible tragedy? There are lots of ways!
1) VOTE YES! The elections are March 26,27,28 polls will be all over the school, but for more specific info check here
2) Talk to your classes about it. We have promo materials, a script and some tips for public speaking, if to help if you’re shy – Just follow this link to access it.
3) Help us with our campaign events. Email email@example.com with the times you are available to help and we’ll get back to you with some options. Or follow this link to the google doc schedule and sign up for what you want to do. NOTE: there are many tabs on the bottom for different types of activities, take a look around and see what you like!
4) Write a brief testimonial about your experiences and thoughts about the Greenhouse and all our projects. It can be as a few paragraphs or a few lines. You could write about specific projects or more broadly, its up to you. We will post the testimonials to our website. Please indicate how you are associated to the Greenhouse and /or Concordia University (ex. Undergraduate Student, Greenhouse Intern, Volunteer etc)
5) Follow our campaign on Facebook and help spread the word.
Some examples of what we’re planning to do:
- Chansonnier (Jamming or singing in the hallways while flyering for promotion)
- Grape mascot (Wearing grape mascot costume while flyering for promotion)
- Tabling (Speaking at scheduled tabling hours to discuss the greenhouse and provide info)
- Pop-up Workshops (Facilitating DIY info sessions with optional interactivity in greenhouse and hallways)
- Gifting Plants, Seeds & Teas (while flyering for promotion)
- Spring Equinox Party set-up (March 21st event, set-up begins at 5:30, clean-up at 11pm) – contact Stefanie at firstname.lastname@example.org to help out with this
- Creative community engagement (We are open to ideas on creative presentations!)
Or you can always come up to the GH and talk to a collective member to help out, or email Jackie at email@example.com to talk about other options.