Carrefour Jeunesse-Emploi NDG
Concordia’s Compost Campaign is hiring!
We have 2 positions open (deadline is June 3rd):
1. Project coordinator
2. Graphic designer
NDG Food Depot
Animateur, animatrice des jardins collectifs
Organisme : Club populaire des consommateurs de Pointe Saint-Charles
Lieu de travail : Pointe-Saint-Charles, Montréal, Quebec
Planifier, organiser et animer les jardins collectifs et les ateliers horticoles et de jardinage
Recruter, mobiliser, soutenir les participantEs dans la réalisation des jardins collectifs
Favoriser la prise en charge, la participation, le partage et la réflexion des participantEs
Voir, avec les participantEs au bon fonctionnement des jardins collectifs
16 heures/semaine, du mardi à samedi
Salaire : 17.02$/h
Contrat de 23 semaines, jusqu’à la mi-novembre.
Entrée en fonction le 6 juin 2017.
Les personnes intéressées sont priées de faire parvenir leur curriculum vitae ainsi qu’une LETTRE de MOTIVATION avant 17h, le 30 mai, 2017 à l’attention du comité de sélection «Poste d’animatrice, animateur de jardins collectifs» au : Club populaire des consommateurs de Pointe-Saint-Charles, 1945, rue Mullins, bureau 30, Montréal, (Qc), H3K 1N9 ou par courriel au email@example.com
Garden Learning Residency
Located in the rural community of Kootenay Bay, this full-time, 6-7 month. Learning Residency provides hands-on experience from field to table. Emphasis is placed on the full cycle of food production, including plant care, pest management, soil amendment and bed preparation, crop rotation, succession and companion planting, greenhouse work, composting, seed saving, beekeeping, and more. There may be opportunities to work with garden design and construction should seasonal projects call for these skills. The Ashram also employs the use of a 1,000 square foot mobile hoop house to support a 3 – 4 season growing period.
Some gardening experience and familiarity with organic production methods is preferred but not essential. Important qualities are an open mind, a positive disposition and interest in living and learning within a spiritual community.
Students in education, agriculture, environmental sciences, and related fields are encouraged to apply.
The intake dates for this position are: May 30.
Green Chinatown Montreal
Green Chinatown Montreal (GCM), initiated in 2011 with Dr. Satoshi Ikeda, Concordia U. and Dr. Yon Hsu, is an organic garden in Chinatown located at the Montreal Chinese Hospital, 189 Avenue Viger E,. One of the goals is to facilitate knowledge sharing with Chinatown residents towards local independent Green Chinatown Montreal gardens.
Dear interested Green Chinatown Montreal (GCM) gardeners, If you are new, please send your phone number, a headshot photo of yourself and your full name for the Chinese hospital security by March 15. If you were a member last year, please confirm your interest or not for 2017 by March 15. Please save your eggshells and coffee grinds for the GCM garden.
Green Chinatown Montreal objectives:
1) to have 20 members contribute two hours a week to maintain the garden over the 28 week season
2) the two hour weekly gardening tasks range from: maintenance,weeding, watering, orientation, and harvesting
3) to encourage hospital residents, families and workers to visit the garden
4) to share knowledge with GCM gardeners, hospital residents and workers
5) weekly sales to le frigo vert
6) GCM has reached our maximum number of 77 smart pots
Green Chinatown Montreal benefits:
1) harvesting 20 weeks,members harvest and bring home to enjoy the vegetables for 5 months.
2) getting your hands dirty, building strength and your immunity system
3) no longer has an annual $50 membership fee, financial contributions are voluntary
4) learning how to seed, plant, grow, harvest and eat healthy food
5) engaging in a social economy
6) exploring diverse local gardens, farming networks, communities
Recipes from Our Community: Seeking Volunteers
Recipes from our community is a series of volunteer-led cooking workshops that was launched in February 2016. These workshop create a space where people from our community can share and exchange cooking skills.
The Roulant is seeking new volunteers that would like to share their cooking skills while co-leading a workshop in this series with the guidance of kitchen co-manager Karine. No prior experience is required.
For more information click here.
Volunteer with your local ECO-QUARTIERS
Get involved with your local eco-quartier! There are always lots of interesting volunteer opportunities in the summer. Plus, they often have free give-aways and discounts for ecological products.
Volunteer with CAMPUS POTAGER
Come volunteer with Campus Potager, the student initiative responsible for revitalizing underutilized downtown spaces into vibrant, edible gardens! People of all ages, experiences, and disciplines are welcome! To get even more involved, come to our weekly meetings (dates/times posted on Facebook page) to meet the team and find your niche.
For more information, request to join our Facebook group Campus Potager Volunteers or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer with SANTROPOL ROULANT
Volunteer with Urban Seedling
We are looking for passionate gardeners to come and get your hands dirty in the greenhouse and our demonstration gardens.
If you want to swing by for an hour and see what needs to be done that day or drop by over your lunch break and weed the garden, no problem! Give us a call and swing by whenever you get the chance.
If you have more time to spare we have started the “Urban Seedling Dollar” exchange. It requires a 3 hour minimum per session, but you can stay as long as you’d like. These hours will give you “Urban Seedling Dollars” that you can spend in our garden centre and greenhouse.
The greenhouse work starts in April and involves help with transplanting, fertilizing and pest management as well as general help around our gardens, greenhouse and garden centre.
If you are interested in helping out please contact Urban Seedling at the address below. Include your name, phone number, experience and what level of volunteering you are interested in as well as an idea of what dates you are available for. We will call you for a short phone interview to make sure your skills are put to the best use.
Agriculture Internship 2017 (From 1 – 5 months)
Neumark Design & Terra Perma Permaculture
If you are looking for experience with permaculture and organic agriculture, this is a great opportunity for you! The internships focus on working with plants in the landscape in a creative and artistic way, and will consist mostly of hands-on learning. In addition, you will also be participating in the development of Terra Perma, an innovative residential and eco-entrepreneur community that follows permacultural principles.
- You will be contributing to the expansion, development, and maintenance of our gardens and permaculture projects.
- The internships run from May 16 to October 16, 2017. The dates are very flexible, but a minimum of 1 month is required. Please indicate your availability in your application.
- You will work and learn 5 days a week. Our typical day begins at 8:00 am and goes until 5:00 pm. We do take long lunch breaks and often go for a swim in the lake.
- This internship is part of the larger Terra Perma community. Although you will be working primarily with Jonah Neumark, you will occasionally be asked to help out with group activities such as workshops and events, and work with other members of the Terra Perma team.
- Bi-weekly progress reports will ensure that you are learning and gaining as much from the experience as possible.
- While working on this project, you will have access to our 850-acre site, and you will be able to swim and canoe in our private lake and explore the beautiful forested surroundings.
- You will be provided with a wooden platform to pitch a tent (we can provide the tent)in a private area. You will also have access to an enclosed outdoor kitchen, including dishes, cookware, BBQ, and fire pit; the outdoor toilets and the hot compost shower.
- Successful candidates will also receive a $300 monthly stipend for their work.
We accept volunteers on a regular basis. If you want to come just for a day and help out you are definitely welcome. Contact me and let me know when you are interested in coming and what your interests are.
We ask for a minimum of 1 week for woofing, as it takes some time to get settled in and familiar with Terra Perma. We offer camping accommodations, and will pay for your food. We can also arrange transport to and from Terra Perma. Please contact me if you are interested in woofing in our gardens.
Urban Seedling Internship 2017
Positions: Interns: (1) Plant Production/Greenhouse, (2) Vegetable Garden Installation/Maintenance, (3) Horticulture and Landscaping
Urban Seedling is proud to offer, for our 2017 season, an in depth internship in urban agriculture, horticulture and landscaping to recent graduates in the horticulture/landscaping \floristry fields. The Internships are open to students in Horticulture, Landscaping and Agriculture as well as students in Environmental studies* and Geography*.
The application deadline for the period of July 31st to September 15th is July 14th
Please include a recent CV (by email as well as a physical copy for our records) and a letter of motivation detailing your interest and experience (where applicable) in urban agriculture. Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Tereska Gesing, Owner, Master Gardener
ABBONDANZA FARM IS SEEKING A FARM APPRENTICE
Abbondanza Farm is located in the beautiful Eastern Townships of Quebec near Mansonville. It is a small but extremely diverse farm that offers the opportunity to learn about many aspects of food production and sustainable living. All of the work here is based on the belief that we need to protect our agricultural heritage and get people involved in building a strong local food system. I manage the weekly Farmers Market in our town, where we sell our produce.
Qualifications: Interested in small-scale organic agriculture, has had some previous farm experience, is a good team worker, is responsible, and positive-minded, really likes the physical work, is good at prioritizing and completing tasks, enjoys communicating with the public, is open to learning.
You will have your own room either in the house or in a cabin, all meals are cooked and eaten together. It is a 5 day work week that will include some Saturdays and Sundays, the season runs from April to October, you will have a week off during the season, you will receive a monthly stipend based on your experience and a bonus for completing the season.
Please reply by email at: email@example.com